Jeyamala was called to the Malaysian Bar in 1995. She started her career in Rashid & Lee and was the Projects and Infrastructure Partner from 2002. She then left to join Anne Hooi & Associates and thereafter, Christopher Lee & Co in 2009 as Projects and Infrastructure Partner, before leaving for Australia. She joined Azman Davidson & Co. in October 2022.
Jeyamala gives her personal attention and immerses herself fully in every Project she undertakes. She provides support for the entire lifecycle of the Project, bringing her experience for different project implementation strategies to the table; from the conventional to more collaborative structures, and develops the required suite of contracts to suit the needs of the Project. Some of the Projects she has worked on include:
- Provision of legal services with an audit firm for the development of a Project Management Framework for a Government regulatory body undertaking, inter alia, Construction, IT and Telecommunication Projects. Reviewed relevant project documents, approval requirements, procurement policies; applicable legislation and regulations; attended meetings and conducted interviews. Advised on gaps in planning and execution of Projects and provided advice on the development of a Project Management Framework for the Client.
- Review of tender documents and preparation of proposals for telecommunication services to enterprise customers for a telecommunication company
- Klang Valley Mass Rail Transit (MRT) Project, SBK Line, the first to be implemented on a Project Delivery Partnership (PDP) Advised the Owner on the delivery strategy and structure of the PDP arrangement; drafted the PDP Agreement & PDP provisions for the design and build contracts in the PDP arrangement; advised and drafted the joint venture agreements and other project related issues.
- Light Rail Transit System II (PUTRA LRT) Worked on the concessions agreement, construction agreements and ongoing issues post construction up to the winding up and transfer of assets to the Government (1994 – 1998).
- Iron ore Transhipment Project in Lumut by a global mining company. Advised on and customised all the whole suit of project documents for the engineering, procurement, construction and delivery of the project to comply with Malaysian
- BRT Sunway The first dedicated busway in Malaysia, delivered on a public private partnership basis. Drafted the PPP agreement between the parties.
- Productions sustainability and refurbishment of a petrochemical plant in Kemaman, Terengganu. Drafted and negotiated contracts involving time sensitive interfaces in an operational
- Solar Power plants by renewable energy power producer. Drafted EPC
- Monorail tenders in India and Reviewed and advised on tender documents and commercial arrangements between the joint venture partners series of tenders in India and Brazil, and liaised with local counsel.
- Establishment of University by foreign Advised on all legal aspects towards the successful establishment of 2 University campuses in Malaysia.
- Tender for coal power plant in Advised tenderer and prepared legal portion of tender.
- Conversion of independent power plant (IPP) from open cycle to combined Renegotiated the PPA. Drafted and negotiated EPCC contract and O&M contract.
- Advised on tenders for IPPs in Bangladesh and Vietnam, dedicated power supply for smelting plant in
- Preparation and finalisation of tenders and contracts for design and construction of highways, dams, hospitals, hotels, university campuses, telecommunication networks and
- Acted for the Purchaser in the purchase of 13 power plants in various
- Acted for Vendor is the sale of its entire shareholder to a public listed company which, then, was one of the largest transaction in the advertising
- Loan Acted for an established group of medium size companies in successfully renegotiating their loan restructuring agreements with 4 banks.
- Acted for a group of medium sized companies in all their commercial contracts dealing with electronic equipment, e-payments systems and IT
Areas of Practice
- Corporate & Commercial
- LLB (Hons) (London) (1992)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (1993)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1995)