Sreether Sundaram graduated from the University of London with an Honours Degree in Law in 1990 before going on to obtain an LL.M in International Business Law from the University of Hull in 1991. He was then called to the English Bar in 1992 and the Malaysian Bar in 1994 after reading at the chambers of Soo Thien Ming & Nashrah.
He then joined M/S Adam & Co. as a Legal Assistant dealing with general litigation matters, many of which were of a defensive nature and inn 1995 headed the Litigation Department of M/S Soo Thien Ming (Petaling Jaya branch) later moved up to the Head Office of M/S Soo Thien Ming & Nashrah in Kuala Lumpur where he specialized in all facets of banking law. In March 2001, he headed the Kuala Lumpur Branch of M/S Balendran Chong & Bodi before joining as a partner at Messrs. Murali B. Pillai & Associates in September 2002 where he was involved in all manner of insurance related matters and joined M/S Azman Davidson & Co in March of 2022.
- Jaks Sdn Bhd v Multi-Purpose Insurance Bhd  1 LNS CLJ 446 – Repudiation of a RM15 million CAR Policy subsea pipe laying claim, successfully defended all the way to the Federal Court.
- Steve Crouch & 33 IUB Ors v Greengold Bhd  1 LNS CLJ 1399 – successfully litigated a RM3.8 million claim on behalf of the Malaysian Motoring Insurance Pool revolving around a High Risk Motor Collective Agreement between the insurance company used to be known as Tahan Insurance Berhad and Great Eastern General Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad.
- Dancom Telecommunication (M) Sdn Bhd v Uniasia General Insurance  5 CLJ 551– a landmark Court of Appeal decision on the Scott & Avery Arbitration clause and successfully defended against a RM6 million claim up the Federal Court.
- Gurisha Taranjeet Kaur & Anor v. Dr Premitha Damodaran & Anor  6 CLJ 446 – Successfully overturned the High Court decision in the Court of Appeal, with leave denied at the Federal Court, in defending against an O&G medical negligence claim involving shoulder dystocia of the baby and injury to the mother’s perineum which had far reaching consequences for the medical fraternity on the scope of doctors duties.
- MPI Generali Ins. Bhd vs S.K. Murni Tours & Travel Sdn Bhd, Puspakom Sdn Bhd, Ketua Pengarah (JPJ), Ketua Pengarah (JKR), Kerajaan Malaysia – As yet unreported case on the tragic Simpang Pulai bus crash with a loss of 28 lives, pending the grounds of Judgment from the Court of Appeal on leave to appeal to the Federal Court.
- Hodgson De Cruz a/l Thomas Moses De Cruz v Automotive Corp (M) Sdn Bhd  2 ILJ 16 – Successfully defended the Company in a claim for dismissal for breach of term of contract of employment and failure to achieve sales quota. Whether Industrial Court could allow remedy of taking of accounts, Industrial Relations Act 1967 ss 20(3) & 30(5).
- Datuk May Phng & Ors v Tan Pei Pei  11 MLJ 741 – Acted for the defendant in a Defamation suit where liability was admitted, plaintiffs claimed damages of RM500,000 but court only awarded RM80,000.
- Bank Pertanian Malaysia v. Blue Valley Plantation Bhd & Ors  8 CLJ 100 – Represented the Bank in a claim involving fraud, dishonesty and misrepresentation over a piece of land measuring 508.875 acres in Cameron Highland.
- 3 Allied Capital Sdn Bhd v. Mohd Latiff Shah Mohd & Another  4 CLJ 350 – Represented the Appellant on the issue of whether Federal Court had jurisdiction to review its earlier decision
- Rathinasamay Kasinathan v ING Insurance Bhd  10 CLJ 488 – A RM1 million insurance fraud claim successfully defended against, all the way to the Federal Court. Industrial Court of Malaysia.
- IHM Sdn Bhd v Multi-Purpose Insurance  1 LNS CLJ 493– successfully defended against a RM1 million claim based on a sinking fund dispute between two insurance companies.
- Insurance matters involving building contracts, construction cases, performance bonds, fraud, arson.
- Industrial court matters, defamation and general litigation.
- Extensive experience dealing with geotechnical experts, forensics experts, handwriting experts, medical experts and adjusters.
- All aspects of medical negligence cases and have given talks to doctors on medical legal developments.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 124
Areas of Practice
- Medical negligence
- Labour Law
- LLB (Hons) University of London 1990
- Barrister at Law, Middle Temple (1992)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1994)