Priyanka was admitted to the High Court of Malaya on 16th August 2019. She joined Azman Davidson & Co on 3 January 2022.
- Acted as junior counsel in an ad-hoc arbitration concerning a substantial Malaysian construction project dispute with total claims exceeding RM1 billion.
- Acted as junior counsel for a large property developer in adjudication proceedings brought against it in the sum of approximately RM170 million in relation to construction works for a luxury mixed development.
- Acted as junior counsel in opposing an injunction application to restrain payment of monies under a performance bond.
- Acted as junior counsel in opposing an Originating Summons for interim measures against the employer pending arbitration in respect of construction assets on site, consequential to the termination of a construction contract.
- Acted as junior counsel for the employer in resisting unfair dismissal claims.
- Acted as junior counsel for a bank in a judicial review application to challenge the decision of the Minister of Human Resource to refer the employee’s unfair dismissal representation to the Industrial Court for adjudication.
- Acted as junior counsel for an employer in an arbitration relating to a large residential property for delays in construction and defective works.
- Assisted in drafting an opinion for a government-linked company on the merits of the allegations of misconduct levelled against the employees, drafted the Notices to Show Cause, reviewed the responses to the Notices to Show Cause and advised on the composition of the panel of Domestic Inquiry.
- Assisted in drafting an opinion for a bank in respect of whether persons employed in an executive capacity are within, or may remain within, the scope of trade union representation, by determining whether the employees are employed in a confidential capacity.
- Assisted in drafting an opinion for a government-linked agency on the general process of managing an employee with a medical condition and on medically boarding out an employee who is medically unfit to perform his/her duties.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 122
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- General Litigation
- Employment Law & Industrial Relations
- LLB (Leeds) (2016)
- Barrister-at-Law, Lincoln’s Inn (2017)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2019)