Mak Hon Pan
Mak Hon Pan was called to the Malaysian Bar in September, 2011. He joined Azman Davidson & Co in June 2014 and was made a Partner in 2018.
- Counsel in an international arbitration between a Malaysian party and an Indian party in respect of a dispute relating to the supply of an Early Production Vessel (EPV) Topside Process Equipment
- Counsel in defending a main contractor against a construction claim by a nominated subcontractor in a dispute relating to the upgrading works of a royal palace
- Assisted in defending a multinational company against a tortious claim arising out of boiler tube failures in a coal-fired power plant
- Assisted in challenging an arbitral award arising out of a contractual dispute involving the construction of a luxury condominium in Kuala Lumpur
- Assisted in defending an arbitral award arising out of a contractual dispute involving one of the longest stormwater tunnel in South East Asia
Mak’s focus is in construction law. He was previously involved in a wide range of matters in banking litigation, general litigation and defamation law. His notable engagements are as follows:
- Acted as assisting-counsel in a successful claim by a subcontractor against a main contractor notwithstanding the existence of a “pay when paid” clause in the subcontract.
- Acted as assisting-counsel in defending a notable newspaper in a defamation claim for substantial damages.
- Acted as assisting-counsel in the Court of Appeal in a matter where substantial damages of RM 81 million that was awarded against a Defendant by the High Court was successfully set aside in the Court of Appeal.
- Assisted in a matter where leave to appeal to the Federal Court was successfully obtained and the Federal Court is now invited to revisit the law relating to Co-Operative Societies that was laid down by the Supreme Court in Malaysia Shipyard and Engineering Sdn Bhd v Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Bhd  2 MLJ 359 and Chase Manhattan Bank NA v Mercantile Co-Operative Thrift & Loan Society Ltd  2 MLJ 168.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 120
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- General Litigation
- LLB (Hons) (Reading) (2009)
- Barrister at Law, Middle Temple (2010)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2011)
- Fellow of Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Member of Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Panel Adjudicator of Asian International Arbitration Centre