Karen Ng Yueh Ying
Karen Ng Yueh Ying was called to the Malaysian Bar in May 2007 and joined Azman Davidson & Co in the same year. She became a Partner in 2015.
- Delivered talks and facilitated workshops for Master Builders Association Malaysia on the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA)
- Advised, reviewed and drafted various construction-related contracts, oil and gas service contracts, including farm-in contract involving a block in Sabah, drilling rig contract, FPSO contract and EPCIC contract. and joint venture agreements.
- Drafting and advising on various consultancy agreements including architectural consultancy services agreement, quantity surveying consultancy services agreement, M&E, C&S consultancy services agreement and project management consultancy services agreement.
- Advising on construction contract administration issues.
- Advising on tender documents for reclamation projects, widening and deepening of navigation channel project, oil & gas contracts and building construction projects.
- Acted as assisting-counsel in arbitration on a construction dispute involving a luxury condominium project in Kuala Lumpur
- Acted as assisting-counsel in arbitration on a construction dispute in relation to coal-fired power plants in Johor
- Acted as assisting-counsel in arbitration and court litigation on a construction dispute involving the Jalan Lingkaran Luar Butterworth Project in Penang
- Acted as assisting-counsel in court litigation in relation to judicial review on a tax matter
- Acted as assisting-counsel in court litigation in relation to minority shareholder disputes
- Advised a Malaysian contractor in an arbitration involving the rehabilitation and upgrading of a highway project in India.
- Seconded to an oil and gas company where she was principally involved in tender evaluation exercises and the review of oil and gas contracts.
- Committee member, Contracts & Practices Committee, Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM)
- Provides advice to the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (Lembaga Juruukur Bahan Malaysia) on disciplinary proceedings
- Provides advice to clients on various construction-related contracts including engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC), turnkey and design and build contracts, O&M agreements for waste to energy plants and contracts for architectural and engineering works including standard form contracts issued by Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia (PAM), PWD (JKR) and FIDIC, sub-contracts, joint venture and strategic collaboration agreements
- Provides advice to clients on oil and gas service contracts
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 227
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- General Litigation
- LLB (Hons) (Malaya) (2006)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2007)
- Certificate in Adjudication (AIAC) (2021)
- RICS Accredited Mediator (2021)