Annette was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2005 and joined Azman Davidson & Co that same year. She was made Partner in January, 2012.
- Was the lead partner in the take-over and mergers of MBf Holdings Berhad and IJM Holdings Berhad
- Has listed companies on the Main Markets and ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Berhad
- Supervised and carried out transaction and compliance due diligence for companies in property development; manufacturing; oil and gas; automotive; construction, and healthcare industry for the submissions of applications to the Securities Commission and Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad for listing on the Main Market and ACE Market, as well as for transactions relating to acquisitions or disposals
Annette practises in equity corporate finance, corporate and commercial matters. Her experience include the following:
- Supervised transaction and compliance due diligence, via on-site inspections and through virtual data rooms in conducting legal due diligence on companies in property development, manufacturing, oil and gas for the submissions of applications to the Securities Commission for listing on the Main Market and ACE Market as well as for transactions relating to acquisitions or disposals
- Advised and acted for a Malaysian company for the disposal of shares to a global manufacturer and distributor of industrial fastenings, which was a UK company listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Advised on the disposal and acquisition of shares in a public listed company and a private company
- Advised a public listed company in relation to acquisitions of foreign subsidiaries
- Advised and acted for a real estate investment trust (REIT) for the purchase of factories, office buildings and warehouses.
- Acted against a REIT to negotiate and conclude a sale and leaseback transaction on factories
- Advised a public listed company in relation to their Employee Share Option Scheme, bonus issue, offer for sale, and underwriting arrangements
- Provided advisory services in the drafting of sale and purchase agreements, distribution agreements and trust deeds
- Appointed Chairperson of the Securities Commission and Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad sub-committees of the Bar Council Corporate and Commercial Law Committee
- Involved in the drafting of the Malaysia Equity Capital Markets Due Diligence Guidelines Due Diligence Guide for Malaysia with investment bankers, accountants, corporate finance lawyers and market researches.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 133
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLB (Hons) (London) (2001)
- LLM (Wolverhampton) (2002)
- Barrister at Law, Lincoln’s Inn (2003)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2005)