Yatis graduated in law from the Australian National University in 1991. He did the major part of his pupillage with the firm. In 1992, he proceeded to do a Master of Arts (Modern International Studies) degree at the University of Leeds on a Guinness PLC-University of Leeds-Foreign and Commonwealth Office Scholarship. In 2005, he was awarded a Master of Laws degree by the University of Auckland after completing the thesis entitled “The Development of Public Authority Liability in Negligence in English Common Law and Its Relevance to Malaysian Local Authorities”. He was made a partner of the firm in 1999.
Yatis’ areas of practice primarily involve administrative law, tort, land acquisition, general litigation, construction litigation and arbitration. The matters Yatiswara has handled include the following:
- Provided opinions to clients on matters concerning construction, contract, tort, land acquisition and general law matters.
- Conducted litigation on tort matters, particularly in the field of professional negligence and general negligence, nuisance and trespass.
- Conducted general litigation cases on contract law, land law and equity.
- Conducted judicial review and administrative law proceedings concerning tax issues and local authority issues.
- Conducted litigation on land acquisition matters.
- Advised clients on building contract issues and assisting them in the drafting of contracts for use in their various projects.
- Conducted arbitration and litigation on construction and engineering related matters.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 170
Areas of Practice
- Tort Law
- Real Estate & Property
- LL.B. (Hons) (ANU) (1991)
- Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory (1991)
- Barrister, High Court of Australia (1991)
- Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1993)
- MA (Modern International Studies) (Leeds) (1993)
- Barrister and Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand (1999)
- LL.M. (Hons) (Auckland) (2005)