Wong Hin Loong
Wong Hin Loong has been in legal practice since joining Azman, Davidson & Co. in 2000. He was admitted as a partner of the firm in 2006.
Hin Loong started his legal career with Azman, Davidson & Co. in 2000. He became a partner in 2006. He has about 20 years’ experience in civil and commercial litigation and construction arbitration. He has been involved in heavily contentious matters that have been litigated at all tiers of the Malaysian legal system. He regularly appears as counsel in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Federal Court.
Hin Loong also sits as arbitrator and adjudicator.
The disputes that Hin Loong has conducted include the following reported cases:
- Acted as counsel for a sub-contractor in a construction arbitration against the main contractor involving a ‘pay when paid clause’. The matter was litigated all the way to the Federal Court with the final judgment in favour of the sub-contractor.
- Acted as counsel for a co-defendant in an action filed in the High Court by the Plaintiff for breach of contract pertaining to a project for the design, installation, completion and commissioning of landfill gas extraction and flaring system in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Acted as counsel for the Plaintiff in an action filed in the High Court against the Government of Malaysia for breach of statutory duty, trespass to land, nuisance and negligence.
- Acted as counsel for a shareholder in a winding up petition based on just and equitable ground against a company in the High Court.
- Acted for the liquidator of a company who filed an action in the High Court against the directors of the company for breach of fiduciary duties. The matter was litigated all the way to the Federal Court with the final judgment in favour of the company.
- Acted as counsel to defend an oil and gas company in a suit filed in the High Court for breach of contract by the operator of a petrol station.
- Acted as counsel for an oil and gas company in an action filed in the High Court against a legal firm for breach of trust.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 172
Areas of Practice
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- LLB (Hons) (London) (1997)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (1998)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2000)
- Certificate in Adjudication (KLRCA) (2016)
- Certificate of Completion in Mediation Skills Course (AIAC & the Council of Justices of the Peace, Penang (2018))
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators (SIArb)
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Fellow, Malaysian Society of Adjudicators (FMSAdj)
- Fellow, Asian Institute of Alternative Dispute Resolution (AiADR)
- Panel Adjudicator, Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)