Lt. (Rtd) Paul K.W Kwong
After obtaining the Higher School Certificate (HSC) in 1977 at the Malacca High School, Paul joined the Royal Malaysian Navy as a cadet officer and was commissioned in 1979. After having served eight years and attaining the rank of Lieutenant (Navy), he took a four-year sabbatical to read law at the Polytechnic of North London (now University of North London).
He was awarded the degree of Bachelor of Laws. Upon his return to the Navy, he was appointed prosecutor of the Courts Martial. He opted to retire from the Navy as Lieutenant (Navy) in 1990 and read in the chambers of W.S.W. Davidson. He was invited to join the partnership of Azman Davidson & Co in 1994. After undergoing a two-year part-time course at the University of Malaya, he obtained his LLM in 2002 with an emphasis on Admiralty Law, Carriage of Goods by Sea, Marine Insurance and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Shipping, marine insurance and carriage of goods by sea
- General litigation including debt recovery for major banks and other financial institutions, and defamation
- Matrimonial matters
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 114
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- LLB (Hons) (CNAA) (North London) (1988)
- Barrister at Law, Lincoln’s Inn (1989)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (1991)
- LLM (Malaya) (2002)