Lim Shan Yi
Lim Shan Yi was called to the Malaysian Bar in September, 2013. She graduated from University Utara of Malaysia and commenced her pupillage at Azman Davidson & Co in October, 2012. She joined the firm in 2013.
- LLB (Hons) (UUM) (2012)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2013)
- Conducted her first High Court trial in her second year of practice, a daunting experience for any junior lawyer. She was supervised by a senior lawyer and Azman Davidson & Co won the case.
- Was involved in a case which was reported with her name was printed as co-counsel. Though not lead counsel, she played a part in this case which serves as a legal reference.
- Before she completed her degree, Shan Yi did attachment stints at the Shah Alam High Court and Messrs Lim Soh & Goonting and Nordin Torji & Partners respectively.
- Prepared and litigated for winding-up and bankruptcy petitions
- Prepared, advised and litigated work for estate and administration matters
- Prepared and litigated work involving shareholders’ dispute
- Prepared, advised and litigated work for compulsory land acquisition proceedings
- Prepared and litigated for breach of contract actions in a construction litigation action
- Prepared and litigated for debt recovery involving Management Corporation and a multinational IT company
- Assisted in litigation work for taxation for costs proceedings
- Involved in due diligence exercises related to property development company and healthcare service company
Areas of practice