Kenny Chan Yew Hoong was called to the Malaysian Bar in October, 2010. He completed his pupillage in Azman Davidson & Co from December, 2009 to September, 2010. He joined the firm as a legal associate in November, 2010 and was made a partner in June 2018.
- Was part of the legal team in adjudication proceedings concerning the construction of a 44km long tunnel (a public infrastructure project) and successfully assisted the client to pursue its claim of more than RM70 million against its employer
- Acted as the lead counsel (in his fourth year of practice) in two construction cases:
one, a High Court case and the other, an arbitration, against opponent counsels more than 10 years his senior – both cases were won.
- Empaneled as an adjudicator in the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)’s panel of adjudicators in 2018
Kenny’s focus is building and construction law litigation, and arbitration. He has acted for and advised various parties including employers, contractors, sub-contractors and consulting engineers in various construction projects and in dispute resolution proceedings. His notable engagements are as follows:
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the contractor in a building and construction dispute at the Court of Appeal and Federal Court level relating to unpaid claims
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the concession company in a government public works project under the PWD form of contract in a dispute at the High Court and Court of Appeal relating to termination of contract and variation works claims
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in defending a construction arbitration based on the IEM form of contract relating to variation works claim
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in a construction arbitration under the PAM form of contract relating to abandonment of works and defective works claims
- Acted as Junior Counsel for the developer company in a construction arbitration claim under the PWD form of contract relating to earthworks and geotechnical defects
- Post Graduate Certificate in Laws (International Business Law) (London) (2014)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Laws (International Dispute Resolution) (London) (2015)
- LLM (London) (2017)
- Adjudicator, Asian International Arbitration Centre (2018)
- Has contributed commentaries on construction cases to the annual construction law report published by the Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB) since 2015.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 153
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- General Litigation
- LLB (Hons) (London) (2008)
- Certificate in Legal Practice (2009)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2010)