Karen Ng Yueh Ying
Karen Ng Yueh Ying was called to the Malaysian Bar in May 2007 and joined Azman Davidson & Co in the same year. She became a Partner in 2015.
- Delivered talks and facilitated workshops for Master Builders Association Malaysia on the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA)
- Acted as junior counsel in arbitration on a construction dispute involving a luxury condominium project in Kuala Lumpur
- Acted as junior counsel in arbitration on a construction dispute in relation to coal-fired power plants in Johor
- Acted as junior counsel in arbitration on a construction dispute involving the Jalan Lingkaran Luar Butterworth Project in Penang
- Acted as junior counsel in court litigation on a construction dispute involving the Jalan Lingkaran Luar Butterworth Project in Penang
- Acted as junior counsel in court litigation in relation to judicial review on a tax matter
- Acted as junior counsel in court litigation in relation to minority shareholder disputes
- Advised a Malaysian contractor in an arbitration involving the rehabilitation and upgrading of a highway project in India.
- Seconded to an oil and gas company where she was principally involved in tender evaluation exercises and the review of oil and gas contracts.
- Advised, reviewed and drafted various construction-related contracts, oil and gas contracts and joint venture agreements.
- Committee member, Contracts & Practices Committee, Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM)
- Provides advice to the Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (Lembaga Juruukur Bahan Malaysia) on disciplinary proceedings
- Provides advice to clients on various construction-related contracts including engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning (EPCIC), turnkey and design and build contracts, O&M agreements for waste to energy plants and contracts for architectural and engineering works
- Provides advice to clients on oil and gas service contracts
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 227 (Secretary)
Areas of Practice
- Construction Law
- General Litigation
- LLB (Hons) (Malaya) (2006)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2007)