Elaine Law was called to the Malaysian Bar in September 2003. She commenced legal practice in another mid-sized firm in Kuala Lumpur in the litigation department, where she handled the litigation portfolio. She then made a switch to corporate and commercial practice and joined Azman Davidson & Co in January 2007. Elaine was made Partner in January, 2012.
Elaine’s focus is Corporate and Commercial Law. Her areas of practice encompass acquisition exercises, joint ventures and various aspects of corporate and commercial advisory work for both private companies and public listed companies. She has advised on various joint venture agreements and shareholders agreements, acquisition of companies, assets and businesses and other commercial transactions.
Elaine is also involved in listing of companies on the Main Market, ACE Market and LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad, and other corporate exercises undertaken by public listed companies.
She is also involved in:
- Providing advisory work in relation to protection of IP rights
- Registration of trade mark
- Drafting of the code of practice for legal services for compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act
- Advising and preparing personal data protection notice and policy for companies and businesses
Elaine has contributed as an author to the Private M&A (Corporate module) for the Lexis Practical Guidance Malaysia (2017) and was a co-speaker with Bursa Malaysia and M&A Securities Sdn Bhd at the talk on ‘The New Leap Market’ organized by the Malaysian Bar Council on 22 October 2018.
Elaine is a member of the Bar Council Personal Data Protection Ad-Hoc Committee (2015-2017; 2019/2020), ICC Malaysia Commercial Law & Practice and Competition Working Committee and a registered trade mark agent.
- +603 2164 0200
ext no. 261
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Commercial
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Data Protection Law
- LLB (Hons) (Leicester) (2000)
- LLM (International Commercial Law) (Leicester) (2002)
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya (2003)